We hope you will explore below, the causes and simple solutions to common paint and finish problems that most homeowners find on new and old houses.
Common costly preventable problems include:
3. Concrete spalling, chipping, and pitting on driveways, patios, and walkways. The most common issue is adding too much water to the mix to make it easier to work. Too much water weakens the concrete and creates a pore structure that invites damage. You must take charge of the specifications for your concrete. Concrete must be sealed to prevent water damage.
4. Use of Oil-based Paint on exterior wood leading to a brittle and non-breathable paint film that will crack and trap moisture; resulting in costly repaint, and wood deterioration or rot. See Video
5. The use of common Marine Spar Varnish and other Polyurethanes on wooden entryways and doors leading to moisture entrapment, brittle film cracking, and guaranteed coating failure on exterior wood surfaces.
7. Poor results and coating failure when painting or staining Fiberglass Doors.
8. Painting Wooden Doors
9. Wood Doors- Natural and Clear Finish
Listen Here for our latest PaintSource Radio discussion.